THE WILLIS UNIVERSITY

Welcome to the Willis University. This is a site dedicated mostly to the world's natural disasters. Also some random inserts of global news from credible sources and also a mixture of opinion. Some of the opinions are not suitable for all. Please remember this is my opinion only. Thanks to all for the guidance I've been given.

May 28, 2006

Memorial Day

Memorial Day takes me back to the time when I had the chance to manage at a food chain by the name of Weinerschnitzel. I was a manager at the time and I got the chance to manage Jason Poindexter. This kid was great. He was funny and entertaining. A few years later after both going our seperate ways we have both joined the US military. I did not find out about his death until a day later. This was a happy go lucky kid from San Angelo Texas. I will never forget him. You paid the ultimate sacrifice for the US to survive. Why couldn't I have taken your place??? I love you man. I salute you Pfc. Jason T. Poindexter!! You will forever be remembered by James Willis. May God bless your soul. The next time you see a US soldier thank him/her for letting you sleep in peace. God Bless the USA!! The greatest country on earth. Age: 20 Hometown: San Angelo, TX Date of Death: 9/12/2004 Incident Location: Anbar province, Iraq Jason Poindexter had trouble in boot camp because of his happy-go-lucky, impish nature and constant smile. "He got in trouble a lot," said his mother, Sharon Westbrook. "He was born with this smile and he had a real hard time controlling it." Poindexter, 20, of San Angelo, Texas, was killed Sept. 12 in hostile action in Iraq, less than a week after he arrived. He was based at Camp Pendleton. Poindexter played football and ran track in high school before graduating in 2002. Westbrook said she tried to talk him out of joining the Marines, but "he made up his mind to do it." He was home in July for two weeks leave. "I wonder now did I spend enough time with him?" Westbrook said. "Did I tell him I loved him enough?" Westbrook said her son reassured her before going to Iraq. "He said for me not to worry, that he was just going over there to do a job and he'd be back in a few months," Westbrook said. "It was like he was going across town." Poindexter is also survived by his father, Sam Poindexter.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've learned something new today... and here it is! i've created one for you :) hope you like it. I dunno where ya gonna puti it tho... :P

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/bucketmix/wil.gif

5/29/2006 08:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhhhmmm i forgot to tell you something. dont forgrt to copy it :)

5/29/2006 09:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for that, willis!

Happy Memorial Day...

5/29/2006 09:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home