THE WILLIS UNIVERSITY

Welcome to the Willis University. This is a site dedicated mostly to the world's natural disasters. Also some random inserts of global news from credible sources and also a mixture of opinion. Some of the opinions are not suitable for all. Please remember this is my opinion only. Thanks to all for the guidance I've been given.

June 06, 2006

New Satellite Provides 'Breathtaking' Views Inside Storms

New images from a recently launched radar satellite show the promise of providing unprecedented views inside storms all around the globe. NASA's new CloudSat satellite reveals never-before-seen details of both the clouds and precipitation within a storm, from the Earth's surface to 19 miles high. "We're seeing the atmosphere as we've never seen it before," said Deborah Vane, CloudSat deputy principal investigator at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. "We're no longer looking at clouds like images on a flat piece of paper, but instead we're peering into the clouds and seeing their layered complexity." The early images are test runs only, but already researchers are excited. http://www.livescience.com/forcesofnature/060606_cloudsat_images.html

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Guesa said...

Dude, I have no fucking clue which blod you want me to comment on first and foremost. You being the part of like...87,887 blogs is confusing. But yes, I'm down for a blog battle whenever. You let me know what time and I'll figure it out. My schedule is more schizophrenic than Russel Crowe, flexibility is a must.

6/07/2006 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Guesa said...

I meant blog, not 'blod'...sorry, I'm wasted.

6/07/2006 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger James Willis said...

Hey man how about on Monday's and Wednesday's at say 1 pm...what time zone are you in?

6/07/2006 04:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home