THE WILLIS UNIVERSITY

Welcome to the Willis University. This is a site dedicated mostly to the world's natural disasters. Also some random inserts of global news from credible sources and also a mixture of opinion. Some of the opinions are not suitable for all. Please remember this is my opinion only. Thanks to all for the guidance I've been given.

December 04, 2005

JASON SAYS GOODBYE:

Dear Friends, For the last 4 years, I have dedicated every waking moment of my life to the success of SUPERCELL. So it is with a mixture of joy, sadness and sincere thanks that I inform you I will no longer sing for SUPERCELL, as of 12/17/05. Last month, SUPERCELL arrived at a crossroads and collectively, along w/ our management, myself and some trusted friends of the band, Shannon, Mark, Nick and Moonshine decided it was time to make a change. It was decided that, in the interest of the future of the band, the change will come in the form of a new singer, new band name and new songs. Through the years, I have met many, many wonderful people, traveled to many cool places, played with some great bands, bonded with friends and ultimately lived my childhood dream of playing on some huge stages and line-ups that I surely felt might swallow me alive; Edgefest 2004 & 2005, the 2005 Weenie Roast and Bands in the Sand 2004 & 2005 will ever remain a part of my heart. To that end, I cannot thank 102.1 FM “The Edge” enough for giving me a legitimate shot to succeed. Jagger, Julie, Paula, Dean, Jesus, Ayo, Jessie, Bret, Chris, Travis and “Big Daddy” Duane…there just aren’t words to express my gratitude for allowing me to be a part of your radio station; thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for helping me to live that child’s dream as you did. To each of you, in the music industry, that took time to work with me…thank you, as well. You know who you are and you have humbled my heart with the trust, dedication and hard work you put in SUPERCELL. Having been a founding member of the band I can’t say I ever actually say I saw this day coming. And though I’m sad to see it happen, I do welcome this new chapter of my life…whatever it may bring. And though I am leaving, I do hope that everyone knows how very important SUPERCELL is to me and that a piece of me dies, as I walk away from this band. It’s also important for you to know that I remain close with my brothers and even though they carry on without me, I wish them the best of luck. For me, I can’t surely say what happens next. But at some point I hope to begin managing, producing and booking bands because that’s something I have successfully done for many years, with my own bands, and was something I always enjoyed. With respect to my boys, I certainly hope the reformation of SUPERCELL achieves the next level of fame and adoration that I know each of them, individually and collectively, deserve and are capable of reaching. So I genuinely hope that each of you chooses to support the new band in their search for someone new and I hope you embrace that new singer, whoever that happens to be. In closing, as we wrap up this 4 year chapter you have come to know as SUPERCELL, I would like to personally invite each fan, friend and colleague of SUPERCELL to take the opportunity to join us, at the remaining club and in-store acoustic shows (Denton, Deep Ellum, Virgin-Grapevine Mills Mall, Border’s-Vista Ridge Mall, Abilene, Ft. Worth and finally Dallas again on 12/17). I’d love the opportunity to say goodbye to everyone and sing for you, just a few last times. Thank you, for all of your support; hope to see you at the shows. Yours Truly, Jason Wheelington, SUPERCELL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home